If you have never done a self-guided hiking or cycling trip before but are curious as to how they work, then look no further! We have the best hiking and cycling trips for beginners!
How does a self-guided holiday work?
We provide you with a well-written, easy-to-follow roadbook, with detailed walking and/or cycling instructions, intregrated maps and practical and cultural information on the towns and villages that you pass on the trail, the “must see” visits and monuments as well as information on the local plants and wildlife. You follow the roadbook from point A to point B and your luggage is transferred from hotel to hotel by taxi.
Your days are written out for you, your accommodation for each evening is booked. You can take your time, explore the area & admire the views! Our hiking and cycling trips for beginners are created by us, with you in mind.
What are the advantages?
- Our self-guided hiking and cycling trips for beginners depart any day of the week, giving you greater flexibility when planning your holidays
- A self-guided tour is definitely more affordable than a guided tour
- You can choose your accommodation level according to your budget. Our range goes from simple guesthouses to charming family-run B&B’s to 5* hotels
- You don’t need to be a professional map reader, the instructions in our roadbook are step by step and we supply GPX files as an additional support
- Mingle with the locals when strolling through the colourful markets
- You have plenty of opportunities for wine or olive oil tastings
- You manage your day as you like, stop and lay down in the shade, listen to the cicadas, simply relax or have a drink in a café and experience the French art de vivre !
- For easy cycling tours for beginners, we recommend electric bikes. This will allow you to keep the pace and rely on the battery for support when your legs are too tired to continue!
- An ideal concept for people who love the freedom of exploring at their own pace and not having the pressure of a guide or other group members
- Guaranteed total peace of mind as the logistics are sorted, luggage is transferred, hotels, taxis, restaurants are booked
- 24/7 assistance is available whilst you travel. We provide an emergency telephone number and are available to assist you in any way we can
Now that you are familiar with the way it works, let’s get serious and start choosing your first active holiday!
What are the most suitable hiking and cyling trips for beginners?
Here’s a selection of 5 easy cycling tours and gentle walking holidays in different parts of France. They are easy to follow and nothing too technical or physically difficult.
1-Walking in the Dordogne from Sarlat to Lascaux
- Enjoy walking through the Dordogne’s finest scenery of chateaux, troglodyte villages, hilltop villages, chestnut forests, & rivers. We offer the possibility to shorten the walks, making it easier for beginners
- Explore some of the most beautiful villages in France, pre-historic sites & majestic castles that line the banks of the Dordogne & Vézère Rivers
- Discover the great diversity of prehistoric sites of Les Eyzies & Lascaux
2-Discover highlights of the Alpilles & Luberon by e-bike
- Easy rides with an electric bike through the diversity of the Alpilles & Luberon mountain ranges
- Cycle through sun-kissed landscapes including olive groves, pine trees and oak forests and sunflower fields – the inspiration behind some of Van Gogh’s most famous masterpieces
- Stop for a wine or olive oil tasting session along the way
- Our cycling tours for beginners allow for plenty of spare time to explore the iconic hilltop villages of Provence, including Gordes, Bonnieux, Lacoste and Les Baux de Provence
3-Freewheeling from Avignon to Arles
- An 8-day cycling trip at could seem too challenging at first sight, made all that much easier with an electric bike!
- Clock up the miles from the Alpilles mountains down to the flatlands of the Camargue through rice fields and salt marshes: an impressive variety of landscapes
- The flora & fauna of the Camargue
- Pedaling in the footsteps of Vincent Van Gogh, exploring the artsy town of St Rémy de Provence
- The Roman remains in Arles, city UESCO city of Art and History
- A real mix between discovery, nature, culture and art of living
4-Easy hiking trip for beginners through Van Gogh landscapes
- Awe-inspiring vistas atop the Alpilles mountains
- The vineyards and prized olive groves
- Retracing the life and brush strokes of Van Gogh
- The cafés and restaurants of Saint Rémy de Provence
- One of the most beautiful villages in France Les Baux de Provence
- The roman town of Arles
5-Hike the stunning Golden Islands
- Enjoy a self-guided walking tour based in the lovely seaside town of Le Lavandou
- Catch a boat over to the islands of Porquerolles and Port Cros for some easy hiking trails
- Wild yet majestic coastline paths
- Plenty of swimming opportunities every day
We can customize any one of our active holidays to create ideal hiking & cycling trips for beginners, just like yourself. So, get in touch!