The start of an adventure : a passion for exploring the world on foot
- It all started in 2003 in Avignon, France. It was founded by a small team of passionate hikers and cyclists with years of experience in walking & cycling trips decided to create their own company. They shared a great knowledge of Mainland Portugal, Madeira, Azores, Cape Verde, Italy and so they created the first Intura tours based on what they really loved doing: walking & cycling tours!
- We began creating and running trips on behalf of major and prestigious international tour operators – and still do – acting as the local expert and ground agency.
- Today, all our trips are 100% created and run by our team: no intermediaries.
- 15 years on, Intura remains the same: a small company with a family-atmosphere, where we do everything ourselves from A-Z.
- Today, we still have the same enthusiasm as in our early days with a team of passionate and experienced experts.
Expansion to self-guided trips
- Over the years the company grew into a real success and decided to branch out and add self-guided walking and cycling tours to its catalogue!
Creation of Provence walking and cycling holidays in France, our homeland !
- Recognising the potential of the local region with its magnificent perched villages, vineyards and lavender fields, Provence walking and cycling tours seemed the obvious choice for company expansion and reaching out to a wider, international clientele. Made famous by people such as Van Gogh, who chose to set up home for a while in Arles and St Rémy and the author Peter Mayle who writes with such enthousiam and beauty about the villages of the Lubéron; Oppède le Vieux, Bonnieux, Les Baux de Provence... that the Intura guides were spoilt for choice!
- As a result, the Provence hiking trails range in diversity and difficulty allowing future clients to choose to meander through villages and wine estate to a more challenging cycling holiday in France with the Alpilles mountains and the infamous Mont Ventoux.
INTURA becomes a reference as an Adventure Ground-Operator and Tour-Operator
- All of our partners are hand picked. We know all guest house and Bed & Breakfast, hotels and restaurant presented in our calalogue.
- We have created tours based on our core beliefs - authenticity, eco-friendly tourism and off the beaten track.
- The fruits of our labour have truly paid off as we are now a stronghold name in the adventure tourism industry with our Provence tours, French Riviera stays, Corsica walking holidays and more...
Our ever-increasing number of travellers
- We have had thousands of adventurers travel with us over the years on all destinations and we keep on expanding our offer.
- Remaining faithful to our core values, our 100% home made tours – created by our Track finders – we aim to open new destinations in the future, in France and across the globe.
Over 15 years of experience : INTURA's clients help us to be better!
- Over the past 15 years, thanks to our customers, they have helped us become better professionals.
- Because we create and operate all our trips at INTURA, at the end of each self-guided or guided tour, we ask our clients to give us their impressions and feedback on our trips and our services. Through all these years, thanks to our clients, we continuously improving our itineraries.
- Your feedback is important to us as it helps us to continuously better ourselves and our service.
- Have a look at our guest reviews: they are on the same page as your tour.
Our top priority:
To ensure that you get the very best experienceand unforgettable time when you travel with us on your Provence walking holiday or your Provence cycling holiday.