- For our all our walking and cycling holidays, we favour small local establishments, often family-run hotels or B&Bs, that employ local people and support the local economy.
- Selected by our track finders, our accommodations are chosen based on the friendliness of the owners, the quality of the service, the charm of the establishment and, quite often, the quirkyness (of both accommodation and owners!) that makes where you sleep an integral part of your adventure.
- When on a cycling tour, every establishment has safe bike storage.
Choose the level of comfort of the accommodation on your walking or cycling trip !
When possible, the comfort of our accommodations has 4 distinct levels:
- It has all the basic comfort and services.
- Can be rustic, mostly when located on the more remote areas of the destination
- Hotels or BBs of standard comfort, with en-suite rooms, with all the necessary services
- Most are family run and you will be warmly received.
- Our selection of Charming BB & hotels of great character
- Lavish and charming guest houses of great character, 4* hotel
- Give yourself a treat and go for a “Hiking or Cycling chic trip”!
Road-Books for self-guided trips
- As we create all our tours, we send our TRACK FINDERS – experts of the destinations – to create an itinerary based on our core values: a unique and authentic experience and the best walking and cycling tracks
- INTURA road-book are all written based on our TRACK FINDERS notes : you can rest assured, they are very precise!
- The Track finders have met the locals, the guest house owners, the restaurant owners, the taxi drivers, and gathered information on the destinations to ensure you have the best experience on your self guided or guided, walking or cycling stay.
- We will provide you with a travel kit, personalised for your INTURA trip that is sent to your home by regular post 1 month and a half before the start of your trip.
For a late reservation, your travel kit will be sent to your first accommodation.
The travel kit includes:
- Roadbook: a detailed booklet with all your walking or cycling itineraries and information on the towns and villages
- A Day by Day recap of your trip
- Vouchers to be presented at the accommodation, restaurants and transfers
- Luggage tags
- 1 map of the region
Our guides: professional & passionate
The INTURA guides are the key to the success of your guided Provence walking or Provence cycling holiday and will make your trip unforgettable!
Their goal is to create an exceptionally pleasant and worry-free trip for your utmost enjoyment.
- All guides speak English. They are chosen for their experience, training and good sense of humour
- They are local to the area, even if many travel the world through their job as a professional guide.
- They take care of the entire logistics of your trip: They ensure your holiday runs smoothly !
- The guides share with you the knowledge of the destination, culture, lifestyle and more. They are indeed a source of historical and regional information on flora, fauna, traditions and history
- They are of course trained for first aid assistance.
- A faithful companion, always attentive to the little details that make the difference during your trip.
24/7 emergency contact
- You can reach us at any time and on any given day on our emergency phone number: we provide you with a 24/7 emergency contact
- With INTURA: you are sure to be in safe hands when travelling!
Your booking from start to finish
- You choose and book your trip on Intura-travel.com: your itinerary, your starting date, the level of comfort of your accommodation
- You log in and create your account
- You fill in the form and pay a deposit (between 30% to 50% depending on the trip)
- We work on your reservation and confirm it in 3 to 4 open days
- We keep you informed if there are hotel changes, room upgrades with a little supplement or not – mostly depending on the availability
- Once it is all agreed, we confirm your trip online
- You receive the pre-tour-information documents of your trip
- With all detailed info on your itinerary, the hotels, the bike hire, the access, what’s included/not included, the list of equipment to take with you…
- The balance is due 2 months before the start of your trip
- 1 month and a half before the start of the trip we send you, by REGULAR post, your full travel kit that includes: the vouchers, the day by day, the luggage tags, the roadbook if you have booked a self-guided trip & a map of the region.
If it’s a late reservation or you leave home early:
- We will arrange to send your travel kit to the first hotel of your trip
- We will of course email you all necessary information before the start of your trip
- During your trip, you have a 24/7 phone assistance, in case of emergency